The Diagnostics department of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is a unique department for hospitals in the area and it is the main focus of each episodes of House.
It is located on the 4th floor of the hospital.
The department was created for Gregory House and was headed by him throughout the vast majority of the series.
At times, Eric Foreman was the head/acting head of the department when House wasn't there or when he was in rehab/prison.
- Gregory House - department head, department member (approx. 1997-2012)
- Robert Chase - department member (2002-2007, 2009-2012) department head (2012-)
- Eric Foreman - department member, occasional department head/acting head (2004-2011)
- Allison Cameron - department member (2003-2007)
- Remy Hadley - department member (2007-2011)
- Chris Taub - department member (2007-)
- Lawrence Kutner - department member (2007-2009)
- Martha M. Masters department member (2010-2011)
- Jessica Adams - department member (2011-)
- Chi Park - department member (2011-)
Temporarily Employed Doctors and Applicants
- Amber Volakis (2007) Last applicant to be fired
- Jeffrey Cole (2007) Second to last applicant to be fired
- Samira Terzi (2007)
- Travis Brennan (2007)
- Henry Dobson (2007)
- Jodi Desai (2007)
- The Twins (2007)
- Ashka (2007)
- Beautiful Doctor (2007)
- O'Reilly (2007)
- Mason (2007)
- Numbers 1, 25, 27, 31, 40, 10, 28, 38, 23 and Row C (2007)
- Other applicants in The Right Stuff
- Kelly Benedict (2010, Massage Therapy)
- Christina Fraser (2010) fired immediately after being introduced to House in Unplanned Parenthood
- Peter Treiber (House hired Robert Chase instead of him in 2002)
- Dr. Taylor (House hired Eric Foreman instead of him in 2004)
- Cheng (she rejected the job offer in Unplanned Parenthood, 2010)