Administrators, or sysops, are users who can edit any page or do certain tasks that a normal user cannot do, such as banning vandals. They also leave messages for users, telling them about their mistakes or correcting them. Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only.
Administrators at House Wiki have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Protecting pages. Admins can protect pages from further changes in cases of vandalism or content disputes. This should happen only in certain rare circumstances.
- Deletion and undeletion. Admins can delete and restore pages and images from House Wiki.
- Block and unblock. Admins can ban users from contributing to House Wiki, either for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely. House Wiki has a zero tolerance policy on vandalism.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins may edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text and style of the user interface.
What the Admins don't doEdit
Admins are not here to fix the numerous mistakes in the Wiki or listen to complaints about it. Admins are also not here to keep updating the Wiki when information changes. As all users can freely edit the Wiki (although some pages, like the front page, are protected to registered users), it falls to the users to fix errors and fill in the several hundred empty article pages.
What the Admins will doEdit
Admins will settle editing wars and protect pages that need it.
And as the chief Bureaucrat, the Fish not only gets to assign parking spaces, he also gets to pick who picks the Featured Article. If a user gets picked to choose your favorite page, you're well on your way to making admin.
Current list of administratorsEdit
The Wiki currently has four admins:
- SteveHFisyh - The Bureaucrat and Administrator
- Darth Kieduss the Wise - Administrator
- Oliver Kanjo - Administrator
- Daves Villa - Administrator here and Founder/Bureaucrat/Administrator of the Spanish Dr. House Wiki
Please report any concerns you have to one of the administrators, such as vandalism, horribly broken pages, spam, and other things that require action such as rollbacks (which only The Fish can do), full or partial bans.
As the Bureaucrat, The Fish has final say over who gets to be an administrator.
How to I get to be an Administrator?Edit
Get yourself noticed, in a good way. There are no official criteria to become an administrator, however, there are a few basic guidelines. When an administrator is needed, one will be selected from the rest of the users who:
- Has had an account on House Wiki for some time
- Is an active contributor.
- Has no history of vandalism or abuse of House Wiki
Again, administrators are only selected when one is needed. When this occurs, the current admins will let the rest of the users know. In other words, if you work hard and don't complain, you too may get to be an admin someday.